Saturday, January 26, 2013

Restoration Hardware Light Knock Off...

We have this great family room off of our kitchen where I tend to hang out and watch TV.  I wanted a great light for that room.  While my husband wanted a ceiling fan which I can't stand, needless to say I won the war.  While looking I came across these great lights that I fell in love with but I didn't fall in love with the price. 


This option was $300+.  I found the shade in silver sage at the local Restoration Hardware Outlet but the cost was still over $200.  


This one was from the lighting source.  Which was still over budget. 

After having no success finding a light that I would like under $100 I gave up for a few weeks.  It's funny when you stop looking for something all of a sudden you find it!!  

While shopping at our local Cost Plus World Market I came across this great large drum shade that I fell in love with and bought for $25!!!!!  When I brought it home I noticed that it matched my curtains perfectly, needless to say I was in love.  I then began to look for a light fixture to hang in the ceiling to go with my drum shade. 



My next trip to World Market I asked the sales person if they had a light fixture to go with my shade, she said they did.  In the corner we found a $10 kit to hang and light my shade from the ceiling.  It came in black, white, and brushed nickle (pewter).  I bought the nickle/pewter color to go with the everything else in our house.



It only took about 15 minutes for my husband to hook it up and another 15 minutes to figure out the perfect height.  The light was a little too long for our room and I didn't want to hit my head on the light fixture.  We took out a zip tie and began fixing the issue.  Its not perfect but I would say for under $50 it will do. 


What do you think?  The next improvement for this room will be the wall behind the couch I need to figure out what to put on the wall.  I have a mix of paintings and photos to hang I just haven't decided what to do.  I also need to paint the newly installed crown molding or get the hubby to do it.

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome. Wouldn't even consider it a "knock off"! Can't wait to see what you do with the wall... a blank canvas has endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete