Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tip Of The Week

TIP OF THE WEEK 

This weeks tip of the week comes from my mom.  Whenever one of us kids moved out, she would give us one of these jars for our new apartments.  She even gave one to a close friend of mine. 


We call them magical jars of everything.  While the jars were generally decorated in some way, but they served more than a decorative purpose.  Each jar had a bunch of random things in it, from nails, screws, brackets, picture hangers, hooks, picture frame wire, drywall anchors, etc.  These are the greatest things ever, especially for someone who is moving out on their own for the first time.   When you move out you may not have screws or nails and didn't think of getting some prior to moving.  You never know when you will need a random screw to hang up a picture or fix something in your first apartment. 


I have had my jar for years and over the years I have filled it with additional random items as I have come across them.  I also have added a little organizer for all my screws, nails, hooks, etc. but I always go back to my magical jar of stuff.  


I am sure that when I have kids one day that are moving out on their own, I will pass down the magical jar of everything traditional to my children. 

See you next week! Have a great week! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet is this? I love it - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea, I actually have several jars for different small items organized in a rack. Works great also for candies and spices.

    ReplyDelete