Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My New Office Part 1

Well we have lived in Virginia a month officially today.  WOW!  How time just flies bye.  We have had our furniture in the house a little less than that (we had to live a week without furniture.)  With that said I figured that today was the day to get some of our extra rooms upstairs semi finished.  I thought I would share my slow progress with you.

On a side note before I show you my office in progress, I want to say I am sorry for not being a very good blogger this past month.  I know I haven't been putting too much time into my blog lately but with all the changes and work around the house, time just got away from me.  Plus the week we spent driving cross country was hard, I didn't always have access to the Internet.  And the additional week of living at hotel in Virginia didn't help my creative side.

Today I am officially back!  Here are some pictures of how the movers left my office after a long day of moving and how I have left it for almost the last month. 




Now the finished product for right now.  I still have a lot of work to do.

Sadly my printer has to stay on a chair until I find a buffet type piece for it to sit on.

I love my Ballard Design Mail Sorter Knock Off.





I still have a lot left before my office is finished.  I need to hang the curtains.  Find a piece of furniture for my printer to sit on and find a few more great things to hang on the wall.  I also have to install a light fixture and finish making my shelves for above my desk.  There is so much to do that I think I will be busy with this room for a long time to come.  I hope you have enjoyed my new office as much as I currently do.  Stay tuned for more picture as I slowly finish my office.



3 comments:

  1. Great space! You've made a lot of progress! So excited to see where you go with it next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    Looking good! Moving into a new home takes lots and lots of time...I'm sure you will find the perfect piece for your printer...take your time...you will be glad you did in the end.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,,
    Nice post, every body wants their office room more beautiful as compaired to others & window corner is very important place where blinds trends are used now a days i think this is very good for covering window corner.

    ReplyDelete