Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Who Needs a Wedding Planner?...Wedding Favors on a Budget Take 2



In addition to our name cards/wedding favors I wanted to give our guests another gift.  I love the new trend of little boxes filled with candy at every one's place setting.  We searched the Internet and craft stores for these great little brown boxes (our wedding was chocolate brown, white, silver, and blue hydrangeas).  The boxes needed a little something extra to make them special, they came with free brown ribbon but I wanted to add my own touch.  I bought a few stems of fake hydrangeas and pulled off the petals and glued them to the ribbon to add a little person touch.




To fill the boxes I went to the Ghirardelli Chocolate outlet store and purchased 4 squares of chocolate for each box.  The boxes were the same size as the chocolate squares and fit perfectly.  Total cost of each box was $2.50, not bad.  Plus it gave our guests another appetizer to eat while we were taking photos before dinner.





1 comment:

  1. These boxes are very glam! They look very expensive, What a wonderful thrifty touch. I found your blog thru Under the table & dreaming and I luv it.
    Kim @ lollidoodletoo

    ReplyDelete