Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Clearance Home Decor Find

If you haven't shopped at your local JoAnn Store lately you should stop by or shop online.  They have a great seasonal home decor section.  Towards the end of every season they have their decor mark 60-70% off!  Crazy, I know!

While shopping the other day I came across this round metal wall art piece.  I loved the lines but not the color (the rust color just doesn't fit in with my decor), knowing I could change that I bought it at 70% off.  Remember anything can be painted from metal to plastic.  If you love the lines or look of a piece but not the color, it can be painted, so go ahead and pick it up.  For the price of $7, I had a new piece of art to finish off my living room.

Before
From Joann.com

After

Sorry for the color of the photo, its really hard to get a good picture with a camera phone (our camera wasn't charged).


Looks above my new dresser/storage cabinet. I painted it using Rustoleum Heirloom White (a favorite color) I may still add another color or Rub n' Buff silver leaf to add some dimension to this piece.  For right now this piece is done.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice!

    Shannon

    Getting into truffle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!!I'm from Bridgeport Multi Family Homes i can't believe it with a cheap amount you come up with an adorable decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one beautiful piece of round metal wall art I know just where it would go in my house.

    ReplyDelete